Step 1: Calculate the Number of Panels Required
- Measure up the vertical space that is to be used for the green wall, using meter measurements.
- Calculate the number and sizes of Easiwall Panels you require. The panels come in 4 sizes: 0.5 x 1m, 1 x 1m, 0.5 x 2m, 1 x 2m. You may find it helpful to print out our ‘Design Grid’ at the bottom of the page.
- Do you have a delicate or specially treated wall? It may be worth installing an extra layer of
waterproof protection with a backing sheet of Membrane.
Step 2: Decide how you wish to Irrigate
- By Hand. Then you can go directly to point 5.
- With a Simple Irrigation System. The simple to install Easiwall irrigation system is pre-made for your convenience and will deliver a precise amount of water to the root zone in every trough. The irrigation system is self-cleaning, pressure regulated and anti-syphon. For optimal results it is recommended that it is used in conjunction with a Tap Timer.
- With a Freestanding Reservoir Kit. This Easiwall Kit, consisting of Panel, Reservoir, Pump, Timer, Substrate & the option of Trim, will regulate the water in the Easiwall Reservoir, making sure that your green wall is kept well watered and is self-regulating once set up.
Step 3: Do you want Trim?
- No, I would like to leave the edges as they are, choosing plants that will grow to cover the sides.
- I would like a metal Trim in a specific colour. The Easiwall Trim is available in a sleek metal finish in either Black, White or Silver. For an extra charge we can provide any bespoke colour to match your requirements.
- I would like to make my own bespoke trim, from a material such as timber.
Step 4: Choose your Substrate
- Do you wish to use our recommended substrate, Optigreen Intensive Substrate Type, or use your own supplier?
Step 5: Design your Planting
- I would like to design my own planting scheme
- I would like professional help and advice with The System Design or The Planting Design.